I decided to start a blogging journal to keep track of all the changes and things going on in the pregnancy. I also wanted to have something to look back on many years from now and remember what my first pregnancy was like.
The baby at 15 weeks
So here I am at week 15 almost 16. Here is some info from i-am-pregnant.com as to what is going on in week 15:
Dates and numbers: There are 168 days until your due date on December 24, 2007. You are 112 days pregnant. You are 3.7 months pregnant. You are in your 4th month of pregnancy.
Your 1st trimester: March 19, 2007 to June 17, 2007. (0 - 12 weeks) Your 2nd trimester: June 18, 2007 to September 30, 2007. (13 - 27 weeks) Your 3rd trimester: October 01, 2007 to December 24, 2007. (28 - 40 weeks)
Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 4 inches and she now weighs approximately 1.75 ounces. Your baby is close to the size of a softball and you can easily tell that you are pregnant now! If you wear maternity clothes or a swimming suit, other people will be able to tell that you are pregnant also. You can probably feel your uterus about three to four inches below your bellybutton.
Your baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because your baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers your baby's body, but it will be gone when your baby is born. The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair! If you have an ultrasound at this point, you might be able to see your baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. Your baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally. The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands.
I think the fact that I am HAVING A BABY has finally registered. It's weird for the first few months, because you know you're pregnant, but you don't look it. You just feel sick and icky, and you know why, but it doesn't seem real. There's no belly or ultrasound to look at to prove your pregnant, just a pregnancy test. Now that I am starting to show, it is really starting to feel real. I also swear I am starting to feel the baby move around a bit. I just get these weird flutters in my lower abdomen, who knows if that what it really is, but that is what I like to imagine, it makes me feel like I really do have this life growing inside of me.
I felt really sick the first 12 weeks or so of being pregnant. I was lucky I was not hovering over the toilet at all, I just felt really nauseous. I also had this awful taste in my mouth all the time! It would never go away not matter what I did, so food just tasted bad. The only thing that remotely sounded good to me was fruit, so I pretty much lived off that for weeks. Then one day about my 13th week or so, it went away! The only thing I deal with now really is exhaustion. I feel really good overall, and feel very fortunate that so far things have been pretty smooth sailing.
I have noticed this last week that my appetite has started to increase. I haven't noticed any strange cravings, just some that are not really normal for me. I have been wanting chocolate, which is not normally something I like. Also, spicy food, I do like spicy food, but it's almost like my tolerance for spicy food has increased, and it always sounds good. I would have to say however the strangest thing yet was that I ate a hamburger! I don't do red meat, especially hamburger! We went to Red Robin one day, and for some reason I decided I wanted to try a hamburger because it sounded good. Andy said, "Are you serious?" Well I was, I ordered it, and the amazing thing was that I LIKED it! Haven't had that craving again, but that hamburger was sure tasty!
We have an appointment the last week of this month for an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. I honestly have no preference whether we have a boy or a girl. Andy however, will profess to the world that we are having a boy, and because of his family genes we will never produce a girl. So because of that, I think I am secretly rooting for a girl. If you will notice I have a poll at the top of the blog to vote for whether you think we will be having a boy or a girl. EVERYONE VOTE FOR A GIRL!
We are both getting more and more excited about our soon to be baby. We constantly talk about what or who it will look like, will it have hair, and when can we find out what we are having so we can at least say "Him" or "Her" and not "It." I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband going through this with me. He has been really good at listening to my gripes and complaints, and even helps satisfy my appetite by going to Dairy Queen to get me Peanut Buster Parfaits when I ask him to........seriously those are so good, and I am not quite sure how I ever lived without them before! :o)
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Pregnancy, Week 15
Posted by THE SHULDBERGS at 8:17:00 PM
Labels: pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
How sweet of you Nay- Nae! Thanks for coming to my birthday party honey! That meant the world to me... I'm so happy that God has had our paths cross in life...isn't HE a good God? :)
I just love your style of writing it's really very good, funny and engaging. You seem to captivate your persona and wit very well.. I'm so happy for you abd Andy, you two are going to make spectacular parents! ckhillz ;o)
Hey Naomi!
how are you??
So my parents were just reading their email and I was looking over their shoulder and decided i had to leave a comment. I am so excited for you!! Omg a new edition to our huge family...lol. Wow thats amazing, i suppose you're really excited for the baby already!! Any names in the works as of yet?? lol...probably a little too soon for that. SO I feel like I havnt talked to you in forever...literally. But thats because I havnt. Or seen anyone...at all. lol. OH btw, i think the songs on my computer are coming from your blog...yeah the first one was amazing, dont know the name of it though...lol. Ok im totally rambling cause its like midnight and i need to catch up on serious lost sleep from my busy summer. Hope you're having an AMAZING summer, talk to you...probably not soon. Lets hope for sometime in the next ten years. That might work.
See ya girl
-rachel (riegel)
Post a Comment