So here is what our yard looks like after. The sod company delivered the sod first thing Friday morning, and we started laying the sod Friday night around 7pm and finished around 11pm. The sod arrived on these pallets you see below, and I swear each weighed 100lbs.....so I allowed Andy to do most of the heavy lifting(I just reminded him I am pregnant, it's the best excuse to get out of many, many things!), and I cut and placed the sod. So after laying all of that sod, as you will notice in the last picture, we were one piece short, which was frustrating. We are hoping to get a piece this week from the sod company. Andy even thought he ordered extra, but I guess we needed just a tad bit more.
I would just like to note here as well, that we finished the sprinklers the last weekend of March, we just laid the sod the last weekend of June.......that pretty much sums us up....PROCRASTINATORS. All we needed to do after the sprinklers was level out the yard, and instead of doing that in March or April when we were still in double digits, we of course had to wait until the last week of June when we were having triple digits to lay the sod. I mean what fun would it have been to get it done months ago......it's much better to wait until the last minute I always say.
Anyhow, we were pretty proud of ourselves for finally feeling like we accomplished something, and the yard is looking pretty good too. Hopefully in a few weeks, it will all take, and the grass will be nice and green.




Monday, July 2, 2007
Our Yard After
Posted by THE SHULDBERGS at 8:59:00 PM
Labels: this n' that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I didn't know they had grass in Arizona...LOL :)
Post a Comment