CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

CT Scan

Last week we took Hudson to the Children's hospital for a CT Scan. The "Kink" in his neck doesn't seem to be going away completely with physical therapy alone, so we are looking at other options. Before we do that though, the doctor wanted to be sure there wasn't anything else going on with his neck that we couldn't see, so she ordered a CT Scan for him.

We had to be there at 7am, and it's about an hour away, so we woke up about 4 am to make the appointment. Hudson did really well, Mom was definitely more scared than he was. The whole procedure only took about 10 minutes, it was just scary watching them gas your kid to sleep and then walking away. I was thankful however, that they could gas him to sleep and didn't need to give him an IV or anything.
After the procedure was over, it took only about 10 minutes for him to wake back up. He wasn't aloud to eat anything after 2am, so needless to say after the procedure at 9am he was STARVING....right when he woke up he started fussing, and I knew it was because he was hungry....they have to make sure he could swallow before they would let him leave, so they gave him a bottle of Pedialyte, and let me tell you he ripped that thing right out of my hand guzzled the whole thing, then moved right on to his bottle!

We haven't heard from the doctor yet, even thought they were supposed to get back with us by the next day....so we don't know the results yet, but I had to post these pictures of him....the baby gown was just HILARIOUS, and he was just hamming it up!

Mom, I'm not too sure about this "Dress" you put me in!!??
I was so ticked afterwards that I didn't take his diaper off, and get this shot!
Hi Everyone!
So serious
The tasty treat after the procedure was over
This is after the procedure, just waiting for him to wake up
Thats just a bit of oxygen they are giving him

3 comments:

Kat said...

He looks so dang cute in his gown!! Um I would like a little of that gas on hand at my house for those much needed times for you kids to sleep!! Poor little Hudson! Let us know the results. And yeah that is kind of funny that he flipped out of his seat...his face is priceless.=)

Tara said...

Oh my, that gown breaks my heart! I didn't know they made them so little and it is darling but hard to see him in. Let us know how the CT scan turns out, I hope all is well. He is so stinking cute.

Unknown said...

That gown is just too cute!! :)