For one of Andy's graduation presents he received an authentic paella pan, and burner. For those of you who don't know, Andy lived in Spain for a few years, so he speaks fluent Spanish, and knows how to cook some pretty yummy Spanish dishes.
Paella is a Spanish rice dish, that uses Spanish saffron as one of the main flavors. I don't know how to explain what saffron tastes like, except it is delicious and VERY expensive.
So below we have a chicken paella, where we put pea pods, artichokes, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, a very special kind of rice called Bomba rice, and all kinds of other yummy spices. It takes quite a while to put together, and you cook everything on this huge, specially made burner that hooks up to your propane tank, but it's well worth it.
I thought I should document our very first paella in his very own paella pan.

Since we've been married cooking together has become something that we enjoy very much. I do watch other channels, but I could be happy to just sit and watch the Food Network all day long. We love to go online and find new and different recipes, and expand our horizons a bit with different types of food and cuisine. We love to plan all of our meals out, and do the grocery shopping, and then make the meals together. It has become a hobby of ours, and have had some great meals because of it! Just as a side note....Andy is a great cook, and there are many nights when he completely takes care of dinner all on his own. He will find the recipe, buy the groceries, and whip it up without me lifting a finger. I guess I'm a lucky gal!




1 comments:
YUMMERs!!!
that looks awesome girl! send me the recipe!!! sounds like you're having fun in your new home, at least in the kitchen!
~ mb
Post a Comment